Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Catching Up


Dear Emily,
    It has been so long since we have written.  I feel like the past few weeks have seriously flown by.  My little love has been growing like a weed, fighting naps, and smiling a lot. There has been lots of baking -- an apple pumpkin galette that was seriously terrible, a peach galette that was delicious, some chocolate chip cookies... There has been delicious food -- mussels, lobster risotto, fried goat cheese stuffed squash blossoms (serious yum!), lamb, fried calamari, roasted veggies,... Have you ever roasted your green beans? Seriously delicious. I don't know what I am going to cook tonight after a weekend of such delicious food! There has been lots of baseball watching -- Go Tigers! There has been lots of tea drinking, spiced apple cider, and hot chai. There has been rain and colder weather and snuggling.  There has been a baby up at all hours of the night wanting a snuggle. There has been family in town --  A baby brings in lots of family and I am enjoying it more now than ever before. I think that babies make you appreciate family more.  I love watching them with Julie, making her smile, drinking in her sweetness. Travis has been home more lately and that has been so, so good. Despite my new level of sleep deprivation, things are really, really good right now. Despite not being able to accomplish things that I want to, things are beautiful. My baby is lovely, my family is lovely... I miss you. Let's catch up...
Love Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment