Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good Night


Dear Emily,
     I have a very sweet memory from when I was little of my bedtime routine.  My mom would put me in bed, we would say our prayers -- The Lord's Prayer -- and we would sing a couple of songs and I'm pretty sure we would recite Psalms 23. I don't remember too much about it, but I remember how well I thought our voices harmonized and how good I thought we sounded.  It was really beautiful.
     It seems like everything I am reading lately is telling me how important a bedtime routine is. I have been trying to figure out a good one for us.  We've been putting our pajamas on and saying good night to daddy. We might spend a little time looking at the twinkle lights in her room or reading a book, depending on her mood, and then we nurse to sleep. I can't wait until she enjoys her bedtime routine and we can do baths, then pj's, then a story, prayers and a song.  I hope she enjoys it as much as I did.
    Do you and Clara have a routine?
Love, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment