Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dear Jen, Year Two


Dear Jen,

I may have mentioned a time or two before; how Clara might be our only. We really don't know if there will be more children for us.

I held on to Clara's first year of life tight. Very possibly my only baby. I needed to experience every moment.

I didn't want that first year to end. Something in me told me after 12 months, it's all down hill. Or maybe it was the attitude and tone that other mothers take toward raising toddlers. I know where it comes from. The exhaustion, the busyness, I understand wanting those infant days back.

But then, I don't.

As sweet, and innocent and perfect as she was. As much as I wanted to stay at 5, and 9 and 11 months. I want to stay here. I want to have my little 15 month old forever. I want her to wake up every morning with the most loving and sincere, sing song call of "maaaamaaaa".
She is perfect right now. She will be perfect tomorrow.
Because I am her mama, I will always believe that.
She will never be a nuisance, she will be my delight every day.
I will give her the same adoration today as I did when she was my newest baby girl.
I feel that love in my heart just as strong as I did every day of that first year.

So know, dear friend, that even though she may throw her (organic, perfectly cooked) food, or learn how and when to use the word 'no', or pinch your loving arms, or wiggle extra with every messiest diaper; you will love her just the same.

And much more.

Because she will gain personality, and humor, she will learn something new everyday and she will love you.



Love,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment