Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, October 4, 2012

On figuring out who I am...


Dear Emily,
    I may have mentioned this before, but I am living my dream.  I have always dreamed of being a stay-at-home mom with an amazing husband, taking care of my house, cooking dinner, and baking pies.  Now that I am finally here, I feel some pressure, well...more motivation, to become who I have always wanted to be.  I read a little quote on facebook today by George Bernard Shaw. It says, "Life is not about finding yourself.  It's about creating yourself."  Who I want to be is not just going to happen.  I have to take action... which leads me to the point of this post. You can't create something if you're being lazy.  Maybe I'm not lazy... just a new mother... but you get my point.  I can't have an amazingly beautiful garden by sitting in my house and I can't have the best dinners, by making the same things over and over, and I can't have the most beautiful quilts made if I never venture out to try something more difficult. I have to make myself better. So today, I made some home air freshener off of Pinterest to make my house smell the way I want it to and I got out my fabric cutting board to take advantage of nap time. Sure, those are small steps and I should probably be sweeping my house (Thanks to Jackson.)  But that will wait. I'm going to try to stop being envious of other's lives and beautiful things and create my own.
    Love, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment