Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dear Jen, Work Week



Dear Jen,

I've been thinking lately about my job as a mother.

You probably hear from time to time that it's the 'hardest job in the world'. I disagree. Moms everywhere may kill me for saying so. It's likely because I have the best of all children in the world (and only one), but this job is seriously amazing. Though the beginning can be challenging on every level, it is still the very BEST I could ever hope for.

What do we asked from our careers? To be simulated, successful, fulfilled, rewarded.

Though I still have aspirations outside of motherhood, and I am blessed to work from home; right now, this mother gig is as so rewarding.

I realize that Dan has the harder job. When I leave for my work days, I know how much it hurts to be away. He has to leave his little love every morning. He comes home hearing how she's asked for him all day. "Dada?...No....Dada?....Nope", she shakes her head disappointed. And now, when I ask her where he is, she replies in a quiet voice, "eerk".

I am so thankful for this work, in this time, and grateful for Dan and his daily sacrifice.

Hoping you are having a wonderful work week.

Love,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment