Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thoughts


Dear Emily,
   So funny... Your last letter and my devotional were on the exact same topic.  You are so right... We are so blessed to stay at home with our young ones. Yeah, it can get challenging and lonely at times, but I could not imagine leaving her every day! We have such wonderful husbands, who put so much time in at work to give us the lives that we have. So blessed.
 
 I have a few things on my mind today.  Recently, you asked me if I liked living in San Diego.  I am pretty sure I responded by saying that I like it, but don't want to live here forever. That's still true, but it reminded me to take a second look at where God has placed us for this season.  We truly live in a beautiful, remarkable place with so much to do and experience. I tend to forget about it all when I coop myself up at home with Julie.  On Saturday, Jules and I joined a friend at the farmer's market in Little Italy and I am always amazed by that place.  It always makes me want to branch out and try new things, new vegetables, new ways to eat certain things.  And just last night Travis and I were reading reviews for a Himalayan restaurant in town. I want to try every ethnicity before we move! I am amazed by the city. Yesterday I was driving home from Target and had a beautiful view of the ocean.  Oh, the things I take for granted...
 
 I am also blessed by the church that we have here. It is pretty different from our previous couple of churches.  We love it and as we are getting to know people better, I am loving it even more. We just joined a new life group, one closer to our house, and the woman that leads it, with her husband, has asked to disciple me, so we are meeting every other week. I am excited about what the future of that relationship holds and thankful for an older woman to speak into my life.  It has been new relationships lately that have put me at peace with where God has placed us.

Have you ever been discipled by someone? What makes you grateful for the place you live? How do you keep yourself living in the present and fully experiencing life?

Love, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment