Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lately


Dear Emily,
   I just thought I would send you a little note and update you on life around here. It's good... It's real good.  Julie is getting to be so much fun, definitely a work out throughout the day, but fun. I love watching her grow and change every day. She just becomes more of a little kid every moment.  She is waving and showing us that she loves us. She is reaching for us when she wants to switch to someone else's arms and she chatters all day long. I wish I knew what she had to say. I am sure she has a great outlook on the world!
   We are going on our first family vacation this weekend. I am thrilled. We are taking our 4 day weekend and making the most of it. We are headed up to Big Sur to check out a few waterfalls, taking hwy 1 up to Monterey for the day, then on to San Francisco for a brief tour of the city. I am so excited about the drive up the coastline. I hope Julie is amiable.
   Spring is definitely here and I am loving the warmer temperatures. We are filling our days with swinging and trying out some new recipes. I love baking, but baking doesn't love our waistlines. So far, I have baked a cookie that is comprised of 2 bananas, a cup of oats, and a few chocolate chips. I ate the entire batch by myself, so I guess they're good. I tried a Paleo Sweet Potato Chai muffin today that left much to be desired. Ugh... Terrible texture. I am assuming there will be a lot of hit and misses in my desire to find some more healthy alternatives to our beloved brownies, cookies, and ice cream.
   I just finished a long, long book, but while I was trying to finish it, I got Dinner: A Love Story in the mail. I have only flipped through it so far, but I am so excited to sit down and read it all. Never have I found a cookbook that I wanted to read cover to cover.  We have started reading at night before we turn out the light and I am loving it. I really enjoy the time to calm down from a crazy baby day or reconnect after being away from my husband for way too long.
    I have been trying to turn some of my worry over to God these past few weeks, trying to spend more time with the Lord, and give him control of my life... my baby, my marriage, my husband, my internal dialogues with myself.  I am happy with where this is leading me and excited to go deeper.
    I am slowly whittling away at my to-do list. I may only get one thing done a week, but that's one down.. Right now, I have a lot of plants that need some care. I think I'll dedicate nap time to that today.  Gardening is good for the soul.
   I hope you are having a good week and don't mind this long rambling letter. Miss you girl!
Love Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment