Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lately


Dear Emily,
   I have about a gazillion things to do and about a gazillion things on my mind.  Today, we had a great morning. We went over to a sweet friend's house for coffee and delicious scones with lemon curd. Have you had lemon curd? It's delicious... just one more thing that Trader Joe does right.  Julie played with Gunnar and  he was nice enough to share his birthday toys with her.

It is becoming apparent to me that she is growing up. She is not putting everything in her mouth anymore, thank goodness! She is sticking closer to me, which is nice. She can play with a toy for longer than 30 seconds. Her favorite right now is a maraca that a friend gifted us on a recent visit to Texas.  We picked up a few books yesterday from Marshalls, Goodnight Moon and Guess How Much I Love You... both of which she had, but needed in board book form so she could abuse them. Today, I stumbled across the library's used book sale and scored another sweet book for her.  She carries them around. She can finally pay attention to a whole book (sometimes) which is nice. We are adding an afternoon snack into her schedule. I think she needs it... she always seems starving. I am planning on dropping that nursing session. I am looking forward to weaning soon.  It's time.

Only about two more weeks till Travis comes home. I absolutely can not wait. I think I have handled it very well, but I do miss him something fierce. I can't wait to be held again... I miss it so much. Things that I am thinking about for future discussion... the idea of home, all of the projects I have in my head to do, and meal planning for just a mama and baby (the thing that oddly keeps me stressed out.) Well, I am off to forage through the huge stack of Ready Made magazines that I scored at the book sale for under $2... and ignore the dishes and laundry that need to be done. Talk soon.
Love Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment